Remodelling a bathroom is one of the major undertakings that homeowners deal with. Although going DIY will help you save on cost, you should also be wary in doing things on your own. What may seem as a simple project to others may be complicated for amateurs to try. That is why when it comes to quality workmanship, always look for a top of the line Canberra bathroom renovation company for a professional finish.
Before you go ahead and contact any Canberra bathroom renovation expert, make sure to remember these helpful tips:
- Know the Cost Involved. Make sure to have a realistic idea of how much a bathroom renovation will cost. The size of your bathroom will affect the cost of the overall project. You can ask a Canberra bathroom renovation expert for an estimate. This will help you determine whether you have enough cash to spend on renovation or you might want to hold off a bit to save some more.
- Plan Ahead. For any home remodeling project, it is important that you have a plan. For example, you want to go ahead and remodel the bathroom. Make sure you have a plan on where you want to put your toilet and the vanity top. Here’s a tip: your toilet should not be the first thing you will see upon opening the bathroom door. Don’t wait until the Canberra renovation experts arrive before you decide where you want to put your toilet and your vanity top.
- To Tile or Not? Tiling is a bit expensive. If you want to save on cost, you can opt for vinyl flooring and spend your money on other necessities. However, if you are really keen on having new tiles, make sure to consult an expert it bathroom renovation Canberra has today before you try removing your existing bathroom tiles.
- Think About Putting Your Sink in the Corner. If you have a small bathroom but still wants to enjoy the comforts of a full bathroom, you can opt to have a corner sink. This is a great way to maximise the space without cramping. You can add mirrors to give you an illusion of a bigger space.
- Don’t Forget Storage Space. To keep clutter to a minimum, make sure to include a storage space in your bathroom design. Not only will you have space to put your bathroom essential, it is also a good way to add character to your bathroom. You can even install floating shelves to make your bathroom look more elegant and tidy.
The above are just a few tips on how you can design your bathroom. Make use of these tips so your bathroom renovation in Canberra will be a breeze. Renovation need not cost too much. With proper planning and the right professionals to do the bathroom renovation for you, you can have the bathroom of your dreams at a fraction of the cost. Make sure to stick to your budget and never purchase items that are not in your initial plan. To find out more about the best Canberra bathroom renovation, you may visit The Bathroom Company for additional tips.